Thursday, August 23, 2007

Kai Kai's first Bus and MRT Ride with Mommy


Morning, when I brought Xuanxuan to Mom's place before proceeding to work. KW, told me mom was not feeling well. Mom wasn't looking good and she has to lay on bed due to dizzy spell. Both KW and myself could not take leave in the morning luckily Meng could and he would travel back from office (eventhough he just touched office when I called him). Morning, Meng went to clinic took a queue number for mum and I brought her to GP after I was back, this save us waiting time. She was dignosed with gastric flu. After injection, mom went back to rest.

That afternoon after feeding Kaikai I decided to bring him for a bus and MRT ride. Kaikai was so excited when I told him, he quickly changed his clothes and asked Gargar to help him wear shoes (he tried to wear himself but failed). Kaikai knew what a bus ride was as 舅舅 (KW) has brought him before, but not for MRT ride.

After settling Xuanxuan, we proceed to our ride. On the bus, Kaikai was so quiet and still, very differnt from his usual self. He simply sat there and watched people going up and aligning bus by flashing their EZ card. Slowly, he said softly to me that "uncle... aunty... up ... down", "money... clink...clink" (He learnt these from one of his favour nursery song " the wheel on the bus").

On reaching MRT station, I showed Kaikai how I scanned the EZcard and brought him to the platform. He clinged on to me and pointed at the coming MRT said "T... 来了". He stared at the train till it stopped infront of us and commented "大大...BIGGGG..". I was glad that he could apply what he has learnt daily to describe what he saw.

Happy that there wasn't big crowd. We managed to secure two sites for our own. Kaikai sat very still and quiet, I asked him if he wanted to stand up to watch the scence outside? He nodded his head and there he goes standing tall and watching the scence outside quietly. When we were in tunnel, quietly Kaikai sat down and looked at me, with a question on his face, he said "暗暗" and when out of the tunnel his face brightened up and stood up again. It was a happy trip to Woodland.

At causewaypoint, I bought Kaikai a pair of shoes chosen by himself and some kitchen accessaries for him to play. We have a similar happy trip home.

Once home, Kaikai told me he wanted to sleep and he slept immediately after I put him to bed.

It was a trip that none of us would forget, there were a lot of little things Kaikai said but I could not record all down. When I asked Kaikai whether he wanted to ride on bus when he wake up, he said loudly "YESSSSSS".